FocusCore Group is hiring for Senior Sourcing Director to be responsible for managing the global sourcing strategy execution for high-end multinational retail brand reporting to VP Global Sourcing and Production.
- Oversee local team for sourcing, costing and production management. Develop and grow talent within HK platform; equip the other internal stakeholders with the necessary knowledge and skills as appropriate.
- Support the development and implementation of appropriate costing frameworks for apparel (in close cooperation with Costing Teams of Operations Apparel).
- Develop and coordinate supplier performance tracking (with regards to delivery and quality) based on existing frameworks and develop new performance tracking and reporting tools where needed.
- Identify opportunities and work with strategic vendor/mill and logistics partners to implement lean manufacturing initiatives/processes to drive shorter lead time, better quality and lower cost.
- Provide direction to assure proper execution of all prototypes/samples in set timelines.
- Organize and evolve the sourcing vendor base to meet the global vision and establish strategic, tactical and Operational requirements.
- Ensure on-time in full ex-factory/delivery through active order management; build production process infrastructure where needed.
- Develop key factory productivity metrics to facilitate decisions on vendor base, costs, etc.
- Constantly evolve and update the supplier base to cover all of the Brand's product needs as well as the strategic direction of the company.
- Drive change through identification, design and implementation of robust processes/strategies that improve Supply chain efficiency and decision making.
- Lead to develop relevant learning resources (e.g. training materials, SOP, manufacturing bench-marking process libraries, etc.) to facilitate best practice sharing with vendor/mills community and Category teams
- Be an opinion leader and provide Subject Matter Expertise advice /support to both internal and external key stakeholders on lean manufacturing practices and cost engineering/product costing. Work in partnership with other teams of Sourcing Strategy to drive fast reaction and lead through execution.
You must have a Bachelor's degree with experience in cost negotiations and working directly with factories overseas. Over ten years of experience in international sourcing and production within apparel and accessories. Must have strong knowledge with global trade and textiles and multicultural international business. Sustainable industry experience and knowledge of apparel/ retail industry and raw material manufacturing. Detail-oriented, vendor management background, business and financial acumen and able to travel 2-5 times/year (domestic and international).
Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word & Outlook) and Full Circle (equivalent ERP)