FocusCore is recruiting for an international brokerage firm.
This firm is looking both (i) to enhance its existing software platforms; and (ii) consider building a new architecture platform for multiple applications - all with a view towards the business requirements of a fast trading desk environment.
- Report directly to the COO
- Working on specific projects managed by the COO
- Smaller project: modify, amend and enhance existing systems
- Larger project: Build an integrated platform. This project will include:
- Speaking to people, thinking of solutions - writing process flows
- Consolidate multiple systems
- Automate processes
- Cover a variety of functions into finance systems including price and quote entry, trade consolidations etc
- Integrated platform must include checks and balances
- Build in validation of calculations - integrate and tie together in terms of automatic invoices
- Take long term view in terms of the best architecture and structure of the platform
- Advise COO of best programming languages, database / systems etc
- Analyse and think of how to add value to clients - using data / quantitative modelling to create business intelligence that will enhance relationships (doesn't need to be a quant developer MUST be a problem solver)
- 3-5 years' programming experience
- Good communications ability
- Good spoken English
- Ability to solve problems
- Important: problem solving skills are a must. The need for specific programming language experience is less important - the right individual will have development experience in a language such as C#, C++, Python, Java, but the ability to think openly and solve problems is critical.
- Cantonese is helpful, but not required.
- An interest in finance and financial products would be highly beneficial
- A banking / insurance background would be highly beneficial
- Hong Kong ID card holders only please