FocusCore Recruit is recruiting for a Vice President of Merchandising on behalf of a buying office of a global organization specializing in high-end product sourcing for apparel and home furnishing.
The VP of Merchandising plays an integral role managing departments overall activities working closely with buying and planning team. Develop strategies to develop business and achieve company sales goals and strategic objectives. Maintain satisfactory customer & vendor relations through direct or delegated contacts with customers and vendors, prepare departmental budgets and merchandising programs and conduct activities in accordance with approved plans, merchandising objectives and policies.
To be considered for this role, you must have:
- Stable and good working profile in apparel industry particular in buying agent or buying office
- Well experienced in apparel (brand labels and woven, knit in sweater)
- Strategic thinker with drive and energetic to make things happened, and expertise in sourcing strategy.
- Strong leadership skills and proven achievement to reach or exceed predefined sales and business target.
- Familiar with the US market, with excellent English and Mandarin.
- Degree or equivalent in textile or related discipline.
- Excellent English and Chinese.
- Strong leadership, good in analytical and problem solving skills
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Effective partnering, strong communication and influencing skills, able to work in complexity, especially over long distances and time differences
- Proficient in MS Office application (Strong in Excel & PowerPoint), merchandise planning system and SAP knowledge
An attractive remuneration package will be offered with benefits including 5-day work, medical, and insurance to the right candidate.